Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Tithe Testament

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him. 1 John 5:14-15 (New International Version, ©2011)

I have been reassured, and it is not a false promise. Last week's emergency would have left me ranting until now if I have not put my faith in Him.

Five years ago I had a different notion about tithing. I considered it as a church's "cover-up" just to get money. Yes, that's how evil I was, but I was proven wrong, very wrong.

Going back to God was my greatest turning point. I had my greatest realization; I was incredibly changed.

03.31.2011, within that day -- actually approximately within 8 hours -- we had to urgently raise a big amount of money (apologies but I am not giving details to maintain some privacy). After getting that emergancy call, I had to struggle over all sorts of thoughts and emotions, to the point of thinking halo-halo would help. There were sadness, anger, blaming, questioning and even a feeling of excitement to a new life challenge -- it was crazy. While at that moment I became a worrier, for some reason, there was calmness overall. If I were the same person, I would have felt hopeless.

And so after giving my share, I had to look for options to somehow manage my finances. I had the best way to do so -- I prayed. I was asking Him for a miracle and He gave me one. My friend reminded me that I had a commission for recommending her to my broker and so I inquired. I was not expecting much, but I did get a good amount. It may not be enough to cover everything, but it was the start.

This was not the only moment that I felt rescued and blessed. When I started to tithe, God gave me a lot of financial breakthroughs -- from promotion almost every year to being able to puchase a condo unit. On top of it all, blessings were very unexpected. I was just happy to worship Him in any way I could.

That day was a simple testament that God indeed works His hands to those who would lift up everything to Him.

Mid-day sleeping has always been an issue to me ever since I was assigned to graveyard shift. Nevertheless, despite the situation, I was still able to sleep well that day. It was because I was very confident that He'll answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...