Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend Trek by the Beach: Trip to Anawangin Cove and Capones Island

At first I was hesitant to say yes to my friend Orli's sudden invite to take the Anawangin Cove/Capones Island tour since I didn't plan to take any summer trips except for joining our company outings. Yes, call me a bum for thinking twice but it's just that I always preferred planning ahead of time. That's a preference, not a "best practice." Good thing I agreed to join. So far it has been the most physically satisfying trips I've ever had.

Brgy. Pundaquit: Getting ready for the boat ride

I'd have to admit -- once we were already aboard the boat, I got really excited. After all, this is  my very first out of town trip after 10 months! The sites and pristine waters were enough to fill in the excitement.

Mr. Boatman

Rock Island Formations
Blue Waters
Very Inviting

After about the 20-minute boat ride, we arrived on Anawangin Cove at around 12:30PM, thus the campsite was already crowded with visitors. I was surprised to see so many people since my first impression of the place was supposedly a serene, secluded place. I even prevented my former agents to go to this place because of drowning incidents I've read on several blogs -- that was way back in 2008-2009. Fast forward to 2012, I thought it was turning into Puerto Galera, minus the parties, cellphone signal and electricity. 

Campers here...
There...
And everywhere.

Despite that, the mystic appeal of the cove is just enough to satisfy one's hunger for beauty. It is indeed a phenomenon to see pines trees growing behind the banks of the cove. It is believed that the seeds were brought there by the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo.

Pine Trees!!!
While that was the very first time that I've actually camped (yes, never experienced camping when I was a kid), I'd have to agree that the place was perfect for such. For once, your bed cushion's courtesy of Anawangin's mixture of volcanic ash and white sand! The calming effect of the place even lulled me to sleep on one of our hammocks!

First camping tent that I've built (or help built) - you can bring your own or you can rent
Hammocks are also available for Php100 to Php150 depending on how good you haggle

Gotcha! Shhh, do not disturb....

The appeal of the cove -- in geomorphology (per Wikipedia) described as precipitously walled and rounded cirque-like openings as in a valley extending into or down a mountainside -- was surely astonishing, such that I was engrossed to explore. In fact, I only swam for about 10 to 20 minutes and the highlights of my weekend were the strolls and treks of the area.

Posing like a hunk on the beach. LOL!
The experience was so fulfilling that it inspired me to create yet another story arc. Special thanks to my friend Orli and his bestfriend Jeff who celebrated his birthday and shared his blessings by taking us there. :)

Anawangin Cove/Capones Island Tour
April 21-22, 2012

Click below for the episodes: 




*Links will be active once articles have been published. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...