Friday, June 22, 2012

The Value of Breaking One's Own Heart

Episode 10 of ABC's Once Upon A Time tells the story of Snow White desperately finding a cure to forget her love for his prince. She ended up making a deal with Rumpelstiltskin. And despite the dwarfs' effort to stop her from drinking the potion, she ended up doing it anyway. It was too late for her to know that her prince backed out of the wedding and that he came looking for her.

Snow White holding the potion that would let her forget her prince
Snow White's choice made perfect sense to someone who hasn't found value in breaking one's own heart. And that's what I'm trying to understand.

No, this is not about a girl. More than a usual love story, it's about the journey I've been trying to run away from. In fact, I ran too much that I ended up bumping into the same situation I thought I've given up a long time ago.

It has been more than a week now since the Word shifted its focus on family. A topic I didn't know was too sensitive for me, that is, until I heard what He has to say about it. Ever since, it felt like my mind's lingering on every thought I've heard, yet I can't even comprehend why it became a big deal after all. If this statement doesn't even make any sense, then I guess it is. Probably that's what it means when one's trying to cover up something that has to exist.

That episode of Once Upon A Time obviously didn't end up in Happily Ever After. Surely, in the coming episodes, Snow White's friends would have find a way to regain her memories and bring back the love. But it won't be easy. That made me ask myself, "Are you really willing to give up a future that's good, pleasing and perfect?"

Funny that it needs an episode like this to remind me of one prayer I've longed to happen -- that He breaks my heart on everything that breaks His. I cannot just run away and go back to the past just so I can forget how hurting it is to lose oneself. I have to admit, I have no idea where these thoughts are leading me. But all I know is that the pain is causing me to find more of Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...