Saturday, April 2, 2011

I am a fan

Thia Megia wowed the judges 
by singing "Out Here On My Own"
Escapism via TV. It is this part of the year that I always get excited to catch a new season of American Idol. I became an avid fan, though, only since Season 5. At that time I fell in love with Katharine McPhee. But, of course, I was aware it's been in existence for 10 years now - wow, 10 years! My first glimpse was in Season 3 which made Jasmine Trias a celebrity. It was a breakthrough for Pinoys. And this year, yet another Pinoy made it - only till Top 10, though. Sadly, Thia Megia didn't make it further into the competition. Nevertheless, she won a fan out of me. Yes, I am digging her voice much like how crazy I am with Adele at the moment.

Let me share her AI journey via her i-Tunes music:

UPDATED: Thia performing "Chasing Pavements" on Live with Regis & Kelly! Whoa! If she could have sang some Adele, I wonder what would be the outcome. Hmm... 

Out Here On My Own - Top 12 Girls


Smile - Top 13


Colors of the Wind - Top 12


Heatwave - Top 11


Daniel - Top 11 Redux





Well, thanks to Thia -- at least for some time I had a reason to religiously tune in to TV, and of course be proud again as Pinoy! On a side note, this dedicated post made me discover how to embed music on my blog so, Thia, I owe you this new "idea." All we can do now is hope that she'll have a good post-Idol career. Best of luck and God bless, Thia Megia!

Now back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...